General Cancer Treatment Information
General information about surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation, as well as other selected treatment modalities. See also chemotherapy, radiation and surgery sections below.
- American Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO): CancerNet Treatment information for patients.
- Cancer.Gov From the National Cancer Institute (NCI). Authoritative information covering many types of cancer treatments including complementary/alternative.
- Healthfinder Includes a variety of treatment information from government sources as well as not-for-profit organizations. Also available in Spanish.
- MedlinePlus Information about many different types of cancer treatments from the National Library of Medicine (NLM). Also available in Spanish.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Includes practice guidelines in oncology, outcomes database.
- Oncolink Treatment information from the premier cancer web site located at the University of Pennsylvania. Includes information about bone marrow transplantation, chemotherapy, complementary treatment, radiation and surgery, among others.
Other Selected Treatments
Chemotherapy and Other Drugs
FSR (Fractionated Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy)
Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- MGH Dept. of Radiation Oncology Northeast Proton Therapy Center (NPTC)Proton beam treatment at MGH.
- National Association for Proton Therapy Provides education and awareness for the public, professional and governmental communities and promotes the therapeutic benefits of proton therapy for cancer treatment.
- OncolinkHistory of proton therapy; difference between protons and x-rays; and information about treating a variety of tumors with proton beam.
Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)From MGH Radiology. Comprehensive, understandable information about treatment of cancer of the liver and kidney with RFA.
Stem Cell Transplantation
This page maintained by Martha Stone email@example.com
Copyright© 2002-2009 Treadwell Library MGH