- Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center Information for patients and physicians about MGH resources and services with links to external resources.
- MGH Cancer Resource Room Provides up-to-date health information as well as access to MGH and community resources for cancer patients and their families and friends on all aspects of cancer care, health and wellness.
- MA Clearinghouse has printed or downloadable resources on this topic. They are free to order if you are an MA resident. For clinicians and others working at MGH Health Centers, please contact ARCH (email@example.com) for assistance with ordering materials from MA Clearinghouse and other sources.
General Cancer Sites
- American Cancer Society Information about cancer, including statistics, patient
and family counseling, diet, home care, medical costs, pain control
and more, as well as information about local ACS divisions.
- CancerNet from National Cancer Institute Includes access to PDQ (Physicians Data Query) and disease topics for physicians and patients, supportive care information, investigational/newly approved drugs, clinical trials, JNCI (Journal of the National Cancer Institute) and the CancerLit
- Johns Hopkins Oncology Center Information organized by cancer type.
- OncoLink, University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center The premier Internet site for cancer resources for patients
and healthcare professionals.
- Treatment Options for Patients National Cancer Institute (NCI) recommended sites for information for patients.
- Your Cancer Risk: The Source on Prevention. From the Harvard Center for Cancer Prevention. This website lets you estimate your risk for various types of cancer and offers personalized tips on prevention.
Selected Specialized Cancer Sites
Breast Cancer and Cervical Cancer
- Lung Cancer Online Resources on lung cancer for patients and families compiled by a librarian who is a lung cancer survivor.
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition Mission is to save women's lives by raising awareness about ovarian cancer and to promote education throughout the general population and the medical community.
Pancreatica provides a database of clinical trials on pancreatic cancer, current and topical scientific and medical information about pancreatic cancer presented in the "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQ), "Pancreatic Cancer News and Archives" and Newswire sections.
- Children's Cancer Web Resources Guide to Internet Resources for Childhood Cancer from Children's Cancer Research Unit, Department of Child Health, University of Newcastle, UK. Its aim is to facilitate finding specific, web based childhood cancer information.
- Outlook: Life Beyond Childhood Cancer A resource for childhood cancer survivors and their families.
Non-English Language Resources