Full-Time Research Assistant
Click here to apply
In Advanced Search enter Job ID: 2267163
Please note that we cannot confirm individual submissions
The Disparities Solutions Center (DSC) within the Mongan Institute for Health Policy of the Massachusetts General Hospital, is seeking a full time research assistant to assist with the day-to-day duties of a variety of projects. The DSC is dedicated to the development and implementation of strategies that advance policy and practice to eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in health care. The DSC will achieve this mission by:
- Serving as a change agent by developing new research and translating innovative research findings into policy and practice
- Developing and evaluating customized policy and practice solutions for health care providers, insurers, educators, community organizations, and other stakeholders
- Providing education and leadership training to expand the community of skilled individuals dedicated to eliminating health care disparities
The candidate must demonstrate strong organizational, administrative, and oral and written communication skills, with a strong interest and background in public health and/or disparities. A successful candidate will possess both strong program support and analytical skills.
Responsibilities include a variety of program and meeting support activities. These can include the following:
- Conference/Meeting Planning: Provides assistance with coordination of conferences and meetings for health care leaders and executives, including meeting preparations, communication with participants, developing and analyzing evaluations, preparing participant meeting materials and staffing events.
- Project Support: Provides assistance with any project or program related tasks, including literature searches, background research, developing meeting documents or presentations, developing meeting materials and summary reports, communication with internal and external stakeholders, and providing logistical support.
- Public Relations: Provides assistance with dissemination and PR of DSC events including a leadership training program, film series, and seminars. Tasks include creating social media, website design, preparing the DSC annual report and brochures, maintaining distribution lists, and preparing and distributing the DSC monthly e-newsletter.
- Publications: Conducting relevant literature searches and reviews and assisting with manuscript preparation for projects relating to disparities in health care.
- Provide assistance with quantitative and qualitative data analysis and evaluation.
- Oversee extensive literature library, including conducting regular literature reviews and inputting and maintaining up to date sources.
- Other Projects: Performs other project-related duties as needed, including maintaining required project documentation and assisting with preparing grant progress reports. Prioritizes tasks and communicates progress, problems and needs for additional support to the Deputy Director.
- Prior research experience and/or interest (particularly in public health and/or disparities) preferred.
- The ideal candidate for this position is someone with a high degree of professionalism, who is highly organized, detail oriented and creative, and who has the ability to complete tasks on-time.
- Must be able to multitask, take pro-actively take initiative and be a team player, as well as work independently under the supervision of the project lead. The candidate must also demonstrate strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the mission of the Disparities Solutions Center.
- Should be well versed in working with Microsoft office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Dream weaver, SPSS, and Endnote a plus.