The Healthcare Quality and Equity Action Forum: Pursuing High-Value Healthcare, is convened by the Disparities Solutions Center at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Now Available on our website:
The passage of health care reform and current efforts in payment reform herald a significant transformation of the United States health care system. Across the country, health care organizations are preparing to expand access to health care that provides the best quality in a cost-effective way. Pursuing high-value health care is the ultimate goal.
Improving quality and achieving equity are more important now than ever before, as disparities are in fact the epitome of low value—care that varies in quality, and is usually more costly. As we pursue high-value health care, it is critical to assure that our healthcare system is capable of delivering high quality care to all, while eliminating disparities and assuring equity.
The Healthcare Quality and Equity Action Forum will provide the background, key drivers, and essential strategies to improve quality and achieve equity in a time of rapid healthcare system change. Leaders from multiple disciplines and health care organizations who work in the areas of quality and safety; disparities, diversity and equity; health policy; and health care design and delivery, as well as anyone interested in these fields, will find the Forum to be a unique and highly valuable experience.
Come hear from:
- Peter Slavin, MD, President, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Deborah Enos, MSPH, CEO, Neighborhood Health Plan
- Carolyn Clancy, MD, Former Director of AHRQ, Assistant Deputy under Secretary for Health for Quality, Safety and Value, Veterans Health Administration
- John Halamka, MD, MS, Chief Information Officer, Harvard, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- David E. Miller, DDS, Chief, Division of Oral Health, Office of Health Promotion, Illinois Department of Public Health
- J. Emilio Carrillo, MD, MPH, Vice President, Community Health, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Winston Wong, MD, MS, Clinical Director, Community Benefit, Kaiser Permanente
- James Corbett, JD, MDiv, Senior Vice President, Community Health and Values Integration, Centura Health
For more information, please visit our forum website.