Patient Care Philosophy
At Mass General Hospital, we enlist the patient and family as partners in our care. In so doing, we make education a cornerstone of the treatment plan.
Patients and their families receive one-on-one information about their condition. They have ready access to the hospital’s Patient and Family Resource Center, where there are multiple opportunities available to learn about the disease. As a result, patients and families make informed decisions about treatment options in a collaborative manner with their physician and other team members.
A key member of the multidisciplinary team is the nurse case manager, who works closely with the patient and the family to streamline hospital and discharge care. We work in partnership with community resources to make receiving follow-up care as seamless and convenient for the patient as possible.
At Mass General Hospital, we are committed to personalized care and to making a patient's experience comfortable by offering the following services:
- Multiple practice locations
- Valet parking at main entrances
- Multilingual signage throughout the facilities
- A comfortable, recently renovated and expanded surgical waiting area for patients' families
- Interpreter services for non-English speaking and hearing impaired patients
- An International Patient and Family Center offering translator services, assistance with accommodations, financial information and a wide-range of guest services
- An Executive Registry for individuals and the corporate community who travel and may need an international medical assistance program
Links to MGH pages for directions, maps, hotel, billing office, etc.
Pre-Admission Testing Area – What You Can Expect Upon Your Arrival at MGH