Channel 7 NBC/CW 56 and Partners HealthCare are partnering to present the second annual Boston Health & Fitness Expo at the Hynes Convention Center June 21 and 22. More than 70,000 children and adults attended last year's event, which is free to the public.
This year, the MGH is organizing many exciting activities for the expo, including:
- A showcase of the MGH Centers of Excellence in the areas of cardiovascular health, cancer, physical and occupational therapy, digestive health and pediatrics
- Skin and carotid artery screenings
- Bicycle helmet fittings and healthy snack giveaways for children
- Presentations by MGH guest speakers Claudia Chae, MD; Daniel Chung, MD; Denise Gee, MD; Richard Lee, MD; Natalia Rost, MD; and Nandita Scott, MD
- Programs hosted by MGH Sports Physical Therapy and the MassGeneral Hospital for Children
The expo also will feature:
- Appearances by celebrity guests Tedy Bruschi of the New England Patriots; Maria Menounos of Access Hollywood; Keith Lockhart of the Boston Pops; Hoda Kotb of NBC's "The Today Show;" contestants from the television shows "America's Next Top Model" and "The Biggest Loser;" and former Olympic gymnast Dominique Dawes
- Free medical tests and screenings for glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure,
skin cancer, osteoporosis and vision
- Information about health insurance
- Interactive sports clinics, fitness games, health activities and demonstrations
- "Cooking with the Dish" healthy cooking demonstrations featuring Frances Rivera of Channel 7 News and local restaurants and celebrity chefs
Last year, more than 900 employees from throughout Partners HealthCare volunteered to help make the expo a huge success, and volunteers currently are needed for this year's event. To volunteer, contact Amanda Westerling at (617) 643-2366 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the expo, visit www.bostonhealthexpo.com.