More members of the MGH community now can take advantage of specialized training classes for the Longitudinal Medical Record (LMR). The MGPO LMR Training Team has expanded the courses to all MGH staff with access to the LMR, providing hands-on, practical training for people at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. Available courses include:
- LMR Essentials
- Entering Clinical Information in the LMR for Specialists
- LMR Efficiencies Workshop
- Creating and Using Custom Templates in the LMR
- LMR Navigation and Prescription Writing for Specialists
- Working with Medications, Allergies and Problems in the LMR
- Working with Notes in the LMR
- Navigating the LMR for Front Desk Staff
- LMR Medical Assistant Training
- LEAP Lessons Learned
All eligible employees are encouraged to attend one or more of the sessions, which offer many benefits for those who regularly work with the LMR. "I have spoken to a number of physicians who have attended LMR training, and they have commented that the program was extremely valuable to them. They learned a lot, found they are more efficient and have also noted that the LMR has many more features that make their job easier than they ever imagined," says Nancy Gagliano, MD, vice president for Practice Improvement. Adds Claus Hamann, MD, MS, associate medical director for the LMR, "It is gratifying to see that MGH clinicians are learning to make the LMR work for them and that many more MGH specialists are adding their notes to the already robust record of our patients' care."
For more information about LMR training courses or to enroll in a class, visit www.emreducation.partners.org. For additional information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.