- CRnet: Clinical Research Network
The Massachusetts General Hospital's Clinical Research Program (CRP), an academic and service organization established to encourage the growth of clinical research.
- Human Research Committee (IRB)The Partners Human Research Committee (PHRC) supports the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of Partners Research Management. The PHRC must approve all human-subject research conducted by a Partners-affiliated investigator.
- Human Research QI Program The Partners Human Research Quality Improvement Program (QI Program) is available to help investigators and their research teams understand and comply with the regulations and avoid such sanctions.
- MGH Mallinckrodt General Clinical Research Center (GCRC) An institutional resource to support clinical research studies.
- Research Management at MGH Contains extensive information about the research done at MGH as well as additional research-related resources and web links.
Full Text Resources for MGH Researchers
- ScienceDirect A web database for scientific research that contains the full text of more than 100 Elsevier Science journals that Treadwell Library subscribes to, as well as the citations and abstracts of over 1,000 Elsevier journals. Click on "group-wide login".
- Treadwell Library's eJournals
General Bioscience and Biomedicine
- Biolinks A powerful tool that quickly retrieves links to websites relevant to scientists.
- BioMedCentral BioMed Central is an independent publishing that provides immediate free access to its 50 peer-reviewed online journals in biology and medicine. BioMed Central offers a rapid peer review process and speedy publication .
- BioMedNet Internet community for biological and medical researchers containing Medline and full text biomedical journals, and HMS Beagle, the BioMedNet Magazine.
- Community of Science A network of web sites for scholars, scientists, and R&D professionals containing information on thousands of funding opportunities.
- Dept. of Defense Scientific and Technical Information Program (DTIC) The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) Scientific and Technical Information Network (STINET) provides access to all unclassified, unlimited citations to documents added into DTIC from late December 1974 to present.
- EurekAlert! Latest research advances in science, medicine, health and technology. Sponsored by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
- Frontiers in Bioscience A journal and virtual library "created by scientists for scientists for fostering international scientific communication and for providing scientists, physicians and patients with information that is useful to them."
- Jablonski's Multiple Congenital Anomaly/Mental Retardation (MCA/MR)Syndromes Database This online resource has been developed to facilitate the identification and differentiation of syndromic entities. Includes over 700 syndromes in which multiple congenital anomalies are associated with mental retardation.
- NIST Chemistry WebBook Provides access to the full array of data compiled and distributed by the National Institute of Standards and Tchnology (NIST) under the Standard Reference Data Program. Includes CAS registy number, thermochemical and thermophysical data, IR and mass spectra for thousands of compounds, and much more.
- ResearchGate A social networking site for scientists facilitating online communication and collaboration. Also provides searching of both internal resources and external research databases. Click on the Literature tab.
- SciCentral Gateway to science resources grouped by science area. Links to current research and breaking news.
Genetics and Molecular Biology
- BLAST Tutorial Designed to assist new and veteran users in employing NCBI tools. Three tutorials, Query, BLAST and PSI-BLAST, offer starting points for users with different backgrounds.
- Comprehensive Protocol Collection Site maintained by the Ambros Lab at Dartmouth College containing a comprehensive collection of molecular biology and Nematode-related protocols.
- Entrez Entrez is a retrieval system for searching several linked databases. It provides access to: PubMed, Nucleotide sequence database (Genbank), Protein sequence database, Structure: three-dimensional macromolecular structures, Genome: complete genome assemblies, PopSet: Population study data sets, Taxonomy: organisms in GenBank, OMIM: Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man. It also includes sections of selected books.
- European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) Centre for research and services in bioinformatics. The Institute manages databases of biological data including nucleic acid, protein sequences and macromolecular structures.
- European Molecular Biology Network (EMBnet) This is the Swiss node of EMBnet.
- GenBank GenBank is the NIH genetic sequence database, an annotated collection of all publicly available DNA sequences.
- Genome Database (GDB) Established at Johns Hopkins University in 1990, GDB is the official central repository for genomic mapping data resulting from the Human Genome Initiative.
- Harvard University Dept. of Molecular and Cellular Biology (MCB) A well organized site containing many useful links to resources in the molecular sciences.
- Human Gene Map A Gene Map of the Human Genome produced by the NLM National Center for Biotechnology Information.
- Human Genome Project The "working draft" of the DNA sequence of the Human Genome is freely available to all at the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).
- MIT Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research/MIT Center for Genome Research
- Molecular Biologist Toolkit A comprehensive and categorized listing of molecular biology resources maintained by the University of Washington Health Sciences Libraries.
- Mouse Genome Database (MGB) Updated daily at Jackson Laboratory, MGB contains among other things, information on mouse genetic markers, molecular segments, phenotypes, and comparative and experimental mapping data.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) National resource for molecular biology information, NCBI creates public databases, conducts research in computational biology, develops software tools for analyzing genome data, and disseminates biomedical information. Links to the Human Genome home page.
- Networked Genetics and Molecular Biology Research Resources Links to networked genetic and molecular biology resources compiled by the Genetics Dept. at North Carolina State University.
- OMIM Home Page -- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man This database is a catalog of human genes and genetic disorders authored and developed by Dr. Victor A. McKusick and his colleagues at Johns Hopkins and elsewhere and developed for the World Wide Web by the NCBI , the National Center for Biotechnology Information.
This page maintained by Elizabeth Schneider
Copyright © 2002-2003 Treadwell Library MGH