Drugs and Pharmacy
Databases Licensed for MGH
- MGH Formulary Identifies MGH Formulary drugs.
- MICROMEDEX Search for summaries and detailed monographs, drug consults, drug indentification and drug interaction utilities, herbal medicines, toxicological management, and reproductive risks. Dosing and Therapeutic Pearls contains many drug related ready reference sources. Includes Martindale's Extra Pharmacopoeia.
- Stat!Ref This collection offers several outstanding drug texts for searching. These include AHFS Drug Information, an authoritative reference with extensive monographs on more than 200 drugs used in hospitals and produced by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists; Mosby's Drug Consult with package insert information enhanced with additional data: the USPDI series for both the patient and health care professional and Ellenhorn's Toxicology.
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Resource for evidence-based, clinical information on natural medicines. It is the most complete and up-to-date reference available anywhere.
Preventing Medication Errors Newsletter a monthly newsletter from
Treadwell Library summarizing the latest literature on preventing medication errors. The current issue is on the web.
MGH Drug Information
- MGH Drug Information from MESAC MGH Medication
Education Safety and Approval Committee website. Content includes guidelines for clinical practice, clinical policies and procedures, herbs and dietary supplements information,
drug interaction information, formulary changes -- additions and deletions, new drug approval process, tools for calculating drug doses, as well as links to online continuing
education sources. Also available is an interactive component: submit medication related questions and MGH experts will answer them.
- AED (Antiepileptic Drug) Pregnancy Registry Genetics & Teratology Unit, MGH. Also available in Spanish.
- Pediatric Psychopharmacology Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, MGH. Links to other resources.
Pharmacy Pharmacy Department, MGH. Links to other resources.
Pharmacy Search is a new addition to PCOI pharmacy resources.
It will help you access pharmacy addresses and phone numbers for Massachusetts and surrounding states. You can access it by clicking
on Drug Information on the PCOI home page. Then, click on Pharmacy Search. There is also a convenient link to this resource on the Drug Insurance Formulary lookup
- Drug Information on the Internet
Annotated bibliography from College and Research Libraries News, July-August 2001, by Mignon Adams.
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology from Medweb Catalog of health related web sites on Pharmacy and Pharmacology maintained by the University of Emory (Georgia) Health Sciences Center Library.
- The "Virtual" Pharmacy Center - Martindale's Health Science Guide Extensive, wide-ranging links to all aspects of Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology, and Toxicology. Wealth of information can make this site somewhat difficult to navigate.
- PHARMWEB--Pharmacy World Wide Web Server Specialized search engine designed to focus on pharmaceutical and health-related information. A wide range of organizations are indexed, including pharmaceutical companies, government and regulatory bodies, societies, and publishers. From the Department of Pharmacy, University of Manchester, UK.
- World Health Organization (WHO) Library Essential Drugs and Medicines Information Includes links to American and European pharmacy sources.
- Drug Information Portal National Library of Medicine. Includes links to government agencies.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Foremost consumer
protection agency in the U. S. Covers a wide range of drug information including medical
devices and food. Includes international information. New drug approvals. Search
the Orange Book to view therapeutic
equivalence information and the MedWatch
program to report adverse drug reactions and view safety alerts.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry(ATSDR) ATSDR's mission, as an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), is to prevent exposure and adverse human health effects and diminished quality of life associated with exposure to hazardous substances from waste sites, unplanned releases, and other sources of pollution present in the environment.
- TOXNET Toxicology Data Network, a cluster of databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, and related areas, sponsored by the National Library of Medicine (NLM), through the Toxicology and Environmental Health Information Program of its Specialized Information Sevices Division.
- LactMED A peer-reviewed and
fully referenced database of drugs to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed. Among the data included are maternal and
infant levels of drugs, possible effects on breastfed infants and on lactation, and alternate drugs to consider. From the National Library of Medicine.
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP) A guide to more than 9,000 prescription and over-the-counter medications provided in the USP DI® Advice for the Patient®. *
Specific Drug Sites
Last updated 7/9/07
Copyright © 2002-2003 Treadwell Library MGH