Clinical Practice Guidelines and Protocols
- Cochrane Library Now available through Ovid. Call Treadwell Library at 6-8600 for your free Ovid password and full details. The Cochrane Library provides rapid access to regularly-updated
systematic reviews of the effects of health care, structured abstracts of quality assessed, previously published reviews, references to controlled trials, references to articles on the science of reviewing research and sources of further information. MGH access only.
- DXplain A clinical decision support system, DXplain is produced by the MGH Laboratory of Computer Science.
- MGH Laboratory Handbook How to order in-house tests from MGH laboratories including specimen requirements, reference ranges, turnaround times, requisition numbers, and policies and procedures for clinical and anatomic pathology laboratories.
- PCOI (MGH Primary Care Office InSight) MGH and Partners access only.
- Ovid Medline, with links to full text journal articles, and other databases. Call Treadwell Library at 6-8600 for your free password. MGH access only.
- Partners Handbook A resource of eBooks, clinical topics and pathways for use by Partners clinicians. Partners access only.
- AHRQ clinical practice guidelines Includes guidelines and other resources sponsored by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Guidelines Guidelines created by AAP and endorsed by AAP.
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Clinical practice guidelines including endocrine, diabetes, and thyroid guidelines.
- American College of Cardiology AAC/AHA clinical statements and guidelines.
- American College of Physicians and the American Society of Internal Medicine Covers many areas of internal medicine, such as screening; diagnosis; treatment; and medical technology.
- American College of Radiology Issues "standards" developed through an expert review and consensus process.
- American Diabetes Association Offers "clinical practice recommendations" developed by an expert committee for a variety of topics related to the care of patients with diabetes.
- CDC Recommends: Prevention Guidelines System The most current CDC recommendations and guidelines for the prevention, control, treatment, and detection of diseases, environmental hazards, disasters, injuries, disabilities and other public health conditions.
- Consensus Development Statements Consensus Statements and Technology Assessment Statements from the National Institutes of Health on controversial issues in medicine.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2000, 5th ed. and 4th ed. (1995), a joint publication of Departments of Health & Human Services and Agriculture.
- eRisk Working Group for Healthcare Guidelines for Physician-Patient Online Communication developed by Medem in collaboration with U.S. medical societies and malpractice carriers. Addresses potential online liability issues and guidance for patient-physician communications on the Internet.
- Guide to Clinical Preventative Services, 2nd ed, 1996 From the National Institutes of Health.
- National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC) Comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents produced by AHRQ, AMA, and the American Association of Health Plans. Compares key attributes of similar guidelines side-by-side.
- NIH Clinical Alerts and Advisories Findings from NIH-funded clinical trials that could significantly affect morbidity and mortality.