Research and Reference Services
Reference librarians will answer your questions using a variety of online or print sources. If we can't find the answer immediately, we will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Quick answers to basic or challenging questions.
- Print, online and Internet sources utilized.
- Example: Facts, stats, addresses, biographical Iinformation.
- 20 of the most recent references and abstracts on any topic.
- 2 free searches per day.
- Same day service (usually immediate).
- Example: Review articles on treatment of a disease.
- We will check incomplete or incorrect references.
- Or use the PubMed Citation Matcher to do your own checking.
- Example: Check bibliography before paper submission.
- In-depth search of topic by expert searcher.
- Select from hundreds of databases.
- Set up appointment with Research and Reference (617.726.8605) or Carole Foxman
- Example: Grant proposal, book chapter or article research. Cited references in Science Citation Index.
- Periodic update via email of your topic.
- Expert search analyst develops search strategy.
- Example: Track recent papers on a key aspect of your work.
- Get professional advice for your projects from knowledge management experts.
Find a Book or Journal
- We will search the online catalogs of Harvard, MIT, Tufts and other Boston libraries to help you locate a specific book or journal.
- Use the Other Library Catalogs page on the Treadwell Library homepage to do your own checking.