- MGH Weight Center
The MGH Weight Center offers expert consultation and treatment for both adults and children, emphasizing family-based therapy whenever appropriate. The website contains information on training and fellowship opportunities at MGH Weight Center.
- Mass In Motion
- Obesity database at Partners
The topic page links to obesity information and resources including government, professional and research organizations that focus obesity issues; reports, publications and guidelines; obesity programs and campaigns; child obesity information; data and statistics; legislation and policy issues; grants and funding opportunities; training and continuing education; and upcoming conferences and events.
- First Lady's Let's Move Campaign
Let's Move! is an initiative, launched by the First Lady, dedicated to solving the problem of obesity within a generation, so that children born today will grow up healthier. Learn about the facts, how to eat healthy, get active, and how to take action.
- CDC's Recommended Community Strategies and Measurements to Prevent Obesity in the United States: Implementation and Measurement Guide, July 2009
- USDA's Weight Management and Obesity Resource List
- Obesity overview from NIH
- A booklet on body weight, nutrition, and exercise from NIH
- A booklet on risks of being overweight from NIH
- A report on Medical Care for Obese Patients from NIH.
It addresses barriers in providers.
- Active at Any Size,
a resource from NIH Weight-Control Information Network (WIN)
Obesity and Cancer,
a 14-page fact sheet that dicusses links between obesity and cancer in a question-and-answer format.
- Culture and Obesity: Discovery (For high schools, with interesting assessment tools)
- Obesity Health Risks: Worse than Smoking, Drinking, or Poverty, a brief report from RAND Research that Highlights health risks of obesity
- Obesity Prevention in the WISEWOMAN Program at Center for Excellence,
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Non-English Language Resources
- Stay Active
NIH Spanish bilingual resource on family exercise