These are additional to the "Non-English Language Resources" sections on specific health subject pages. Please check the relevant subject page for other language resources in addition to those listed here.
Greater Boston Center for Healthy Communities has many educational resources on this topic. Contact the Greater Boston Center for Healthy Communities through ARCH or search the Regional Centers for Healthy Communities Resource Library Central Catalog and limit your search by a specific language.
- MedlinePlus: Health Information in Multiple Languages, providing access to health information in languages other than English and Spanish. This new service contains over 2,500 links to information in more than 40 languages and covers nearly 250 topics. Users can navigate the new collection either by language or by topic. In addition, a languages box with a list of language names displays on the English health topic pages. The language names link to information on MedlinePlus in multiple languages for that topic.
- AIHA (American Internal Health Alliance) Multilingual Document Library
Directory of over 800 health related materials translated into languages of the former Soviet Union and Central and Eastern Europe including Albanian, Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Ukranian and others.
- EthnoMed Contains information about cultural beliefs, medical and other related issues pertinent to the healthcare of recent immigrants to Seattle. Includes the following immigrant groups - Vietnamese, Cambodian, Hmong, Mien, Laotian, Cham Eritrean, Tigrean, Amhara, Oromo, Somali immigrants. Some translated materials available.
- Healthy Roads Media This site contains free audio,
written and multimedia health education materials in a number of languages. Spanish, Khmer, Russian, Vietnamese, Arabic,
Somali, and Bosnian materials are available.
- Following the Clues: a visit to the doctor and
and the library Making a doctor's appointment, visiting a doctor, and finding current health information
can be confusing activities for young children and for adults unfamiliar with the US healthcare system. These activities are
especially difficult for those who cannot speak English and for those new to the English language. 11 min. video can be viewed
in English, Spanish, or Sudanese.
- Health Information Translations Easy to Read
information on a variety of health topics. Each is available in these languages: African French, Chinese Simplified, Chinese
Traditional, English, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Ukrainian.
- Multicultural Health Communication Service (New South Wales, Australia)
Extensive listing of publications on many health topics in numerous languages including Arabic,
Chinese, Croatian, English, Italian, Khmer/Cambodian, Macedonian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish,
Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese. Publications may be viewed and printed using Adobe Acrobat
software - no special language software needed.
- Oakwood Health
Multilingual Health Information for Seniors Patient information sheets in English, Arabic and
Spanish on topics of interest to seniors. PDF format for easy printing.
- Office of Minority Health Publications in Other Languagesminority Health publications available in Cambodian, Chinese Gujarati, Hindi, Hmong, Japanese, Korean, Samoan, Tagalog, Thai, and Vietnamese.
- USCRI Healthy Living Toolkit Designed to educate refugees and immigrants to become proactive health consumers and promoters in their communities.
Multi-Asian Language Sites
Pacific Island Cancer Education Materials Tool Offered by the American Cancer Society and
the Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness, Research, and Training. Users can search using several menus for cancer
types or topics and specific languages. All materials have been screened and evaluated for quality.
- Asian Pacific Islanders Women's HealthProvides information on mammograms and pap smears in Samoan, Cambodian, Laotian, Chines, Vietnamese, Korean and Tai.
- My Medicines (FDA)Medication instructions in Cambodian, chines, Hmong, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Samoan, Tagalog, Thai, Vietnamese.
Spanish: Health Directories
- Informaci?n de Salud para los Consumidores en Espa?olSpanish language resources from the Consumer and Patient Health Information Section (Caphis) of the Medical Library Association.
- Spanish materials project Collaborative effort between the Spencer S.Eccles Health Sciences Library and the University of Utah Health Sciences Center. Spanish language pdf documents on major health topics for patient education. Excellent site.
Spanish: Obstetrics and Gynecology