As stated on the MEDLINEplus web site," MEDLINEplus is a gold mine of up-to-date,
quality health care information from the worlds largest
medical library, the National Library of Medicine at the National
Institutes of Health. "
"MEDLINEplus is for
anyone with a medical question. Both health professionals and
consumers can depend on it for accurate, current, medical
- Carefully selected links to Web resources with health information on over 400 topics.
- Information on Clinical Trials
- The adam.com medical encyclopedia brings health consumers an extensive library of medical images as well as over 4,000 of articles about diseases, tests, symptoms, injuries, and surgeries.
- Drug information is available from the United States Pharmacopeia via the USP's Drug Information (USP DI), Volume II, "Advice for the Patient." The USP DI contains extensive information about more than 9,000 brand name and generic prescription and over-the-counter drugs, including side effects, dosing, drug interactions, precautions and storage for each drug.
- Information on physicians and other health professionals.
- Links to pre-formulated searches of the MEDLINE database for the latest health professional articles on your topic.
Take the MEDLINEplus tour.
Go to MEDLINEplus directly.