Herbal and Other Supplements
- Boston Healing
Landscape Project-Herbs Used by Latino and Haitian Cultures Information on herbal remedies used
by Latino and Haitian cultures as part of their traditional healing practices.
- HerbMed Herbal database providing links to the scientific data
on the use of herbs for health. From the Alternative Medicine Foundation.
- NIH Office of Dietary Supplements
Explores the role of dietary supplements in improving health care. Includes fact sheets on individual
supplements, tips on avoiding fraud, supplement use for the elderly, and the IBIDS Database. From
the National Institutes of Health.
- Longwood Herbal Task Force - LHTF Peer-reviewed monographs,
clinician information sheets, and patient handouts on herbs and dietary supplements. Members from Children’s Hospital Boston,
the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
- Dietary Supplements--U.S. FDA Includes overview,
recalls and warnings, safety information, information on specific supplements, links to other resources.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine Resources for Cancer Patients
CAM Resources on Obesity
Complementary and Alternative Medicine Resources Kids and Teens
- HolisticKids Chapters on treating common childhood illness from the Holistic
Pedicatrician (Dr.Kathi Kemper), overviews of therapies, directories of local practitioners, live PubMed searches
and more. Sponsored by NIH, Childrens Hospital, Boston Medical Center, and Massachusetts College of
Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Integrative Therapies Program for Children with Cancer. Information on a variety
of therapies, nutrition and herbs and supplements.From Carol Ann's Library, Pediatric Oncology Department, Columbia University.
Información en español--Information in Spanish