Who are We?
ARCH, Access to Resources for Community Health, is a partnership among MGH Treadwell Library, MGH Community Health Associates, Greater Boston Center for Healthy Communities (a program of The Medical Foundation www.tmfnet.org), and the City of Chelsea Health Department.
Our goal is to deliver a high- quality community-based health information service to both the residents and professionals of Charlestown, Chelsea, Everett, and Revere.
What do we offer?
Information and resource center
- Equipped with computers and Internet access for patient use. Appointments are recommended to ensure computers are available.
- Staffed by a Certified Health Education Specialist.
- Includes books, newsletters, pamphlets, and videos.
- Contains some non- English language resources.
www.arch-mgh.org is a customized web site
with pre- selected Internet resources for health
professionals and patients.
In order to achieve the goal of increasing access
to high- quality health information on the
Internet, we provide free, hands- on training
to MGH clinicians, nurses working in the
communities, as well as outreach workers and
patients. Training sessions can be offered at a
community setting facilitated with computers
and Internet access. The training will focus on
one or more of the following areas depending
on our trainees' needs:
- Internet basics
- Effective use of the ARCH web site
- How to evaluate online health information
- How to teach others to use the ARCH web site
- CEUs for registered nurses(Contact Project Coordinator for details)
Access to additional resources
ARCH provides access to a limited number of online resources in the MGH Treadwell Library.
ARCH also provides access to the Greater Boston Center for Healthy Communities Resource Library.
ARCH links to the Resource Library online catalog which lists more than 18,000 health education
A printable brochure describing ARCH in detail is available for download in PDF format.
File: ARCH.pdf 87kb
A suitable viewer is required to view this documents. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free PDF viewer and can be downloaded from adobe.com. Click the image below to connect to Adobe's Acrobat Reader download page.