- Most Danes eat four meals a day - breakfast, lunch,
dinner, and a late-evening supper.
- Breakfast generally consists of cereal, cheese,
- Dinner, which includes fish or meat, is usually
the only hot meal. A favorite traditional Danish dinner
consists of roast duckling stuffed with apples and
prunes, served with red cabbage and boiled potatoes
- The also like many types of bread with the most
prevalent being smørrebrød (`buttered
- Some typical dishes are flæskesteg (roast
pork with crackling), gravad laks (cured or salted
salmon served with a sweet mustard sauce) and hvid
labskovs (a stew made of square cuts of beef boiled
with potatoes, bay leaves and pepper).
- Most meals have some sort of beer or wine served
as the primary drink