Professional Medical Interpreters
- Specially trained to help providers communicate with their non-English
or Limited English Proficient patients.
- Follow the Standards of Practice set forth by the Massachusetts
Medical Interpreters Association.
- Follow the National Standards of Practice for Interpreters in Health Care set forth by the National Council on Interpreting Health Care.
- Abide by the confidentiality policies and regulations set up
by the hospital.
- Abide by the departments code of ethics and policies.
Interpreter Services Department Mission Statement.
We are committed to support the MGH mission of serving the community
and providing the highest quality healthcare. We are dedicated to
helping providers establish a direct relationship with their non-English
or Limited English Proficient patients through accurate and complete
interpretation to increase value and successful outcomes. We are
committed to support MGH in the delivery of culturally competent
care and to take a leadership role in facilitating access to hospital
services for non-English or Limited English Proficient patients.