Welcome to the MGH Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Practice, also known as the Genitourinary Infectious Disease (STD/GID) Unit. The STD/GID has been in existence for over 60 years. The STD/GID Practice provides screening and treatment of STDs. Services are provided in a confidential setting by a professional staff trained in the area of sexually transmitted infections. Insurance is not required. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
The STD/GID Unit Offers the Following Services
- Evaluation and treatment for sexually transmitted infection including: chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes infections (HSV), genital warts - Human papilloma virus (HPV), molluscum, scabies and vaginitis.
- Testing for the human immunodeficiency virus infection (HIV).
- Rapid HIV testing is available
- Counseling on prevention of HIV infection
- Testing for Hepatitis C
- Information and literature regarding sexually transmitted infections and safer sex practices.
For your convenience, Walk-In Hours and Appointment Hours are available
You can be seen at either the MGH main campus or at the Chelsea Health Center.
MGH Cox 5, 55 Fruit Street, Boston MA (map)
The clinic at the MGH main campus will be closed Thanksgiving 11/26, day after 11/27, Christmas Day 12/25; and New Year‘s Day 1/1.
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings 8:30 - 11:00 am
Wednesday afternoons 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Appointments are available at the following times; Please call 617 726-3236 to schedule an appointment if you prefer.
Monday 11 am-3:30 pm
Wednesday 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Chelsea Health Center, 151 Everett Avenue, Chelsea MA (map)
The GID clinic at Chelsea will be closed Thanksgiving 11/26, day after 11/27 Christmas Eve 12/24, Christmas Day 12/25; New Year‘s Eve 12/31 and New Year‘s Day 1/1.
Tuesday afternoons 1:30 - 3:30 pm
Thursday afternoons 3:00 - 6:00 pm
The STD/GID Unit is closed on weekends and Holidays.
For additional information
Please call: 617-726-2748