Countway Library of Medicine
The Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine, one of the largest medical libraries in the world, serves the Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston Medical Library and the Massachusetts Medical Society. The Countway Library holds more than 630,000 volumes, subscribes to 3,500 current journal titles and houses over 10,000 non-current biomedical journal titles. The library also houses one of the world's leading medical history collections, and provides access to many electronic information resources.
CFD Lending Library
The CFD Lending Library is run through The Center for Faculty Development. Books and CD's may be borrowed for up to a month at a time. You may check them out from our center at Bulfinch 370 anytime between 9:00am-5:00pm.
E-Research at Harvard Libraries
Here you can identify, locate, and connect to Harvard’s growing collection of e-resources and e-journals. You can also use new tools that allow you to search multiple resources at one time and to save sets of e-resources, e-journals, and citations. Services include:
Faculty Development Literature
• Outcomes of a pilot faculty mentoring program
SPIN Search (Infoed)
http://www.infoed.org/new_spin/spinmain.asp InfoEd software eResearch Portals provide investigators and administrators with a central online hub for managing research activity with integrated applications for managing grants, protocols, clinical studies, animal orders, publications and patents.
The Treadwell Library is the health sciences library for the MGH community and contains resources containing reliable information for patient care, teaching and research. Services include:
How to Get Online Full Text Journals from MGH Treadwell LibraryThese are the main ways to get to the online journals that Treadwell Library has. Use the “Quick Picks” links on the left side of our home page http://massgeneral.org/library. For Treadwell’s proxy server, use your Partners logon to access these resources from anywhere.
If you know the article you want and we subscribe to the journal, you can get it from the journal’s web site via Treadwell’s home page:
• Click on eJournals under “Quick Picks”.
• Find your journal using the search box or alphabet bar.
• Click on the journal title to go to the journal web page.
• If there is more than one choice, check the years.
• Find year/volume. This may be listed under a heading such as Archives,
Past issues, etc.
Getting full text articles from your Ovid search:
• Do your search through the link to OVID under “Quick Picks”.
• If we have full text, click one of the links to the right of the citation:
• MGH Ovid Full Text, MGH Full Text, or Pdf Full Text.
• If these links do not appear, we probably don’t subscribe electronically. You can double check in Treadwell’s online catalog (Magic) or ejournal page
(item 1 above).
Getting full text articles from your PubMed search:
• Do your search through the link to PubMed@MGH under “Quick Picks”.
• To find out if there is full text, click on the journal title (underlined in blue).
• On the next screen a “Get it from MGH Treadwell” button shows we have a
subscription. There may also be buttons for “Free article” or “Free PMC (article” PubMedCentral).
Massachusetts General Hospital