Welcome to the Disparities Solutions Center (DSC) website, and thank you for your interest in our work. The DSC is dedicated to the development and implementation of strategies that advance policy and practice to eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in health care.
Specifically we are working to:
- Create change by developing new research and translating the findings into policy and practice.
- Find solutions that help health care leaders, organizations, and key stakeholders ensure that every patient receives high-value, high-quality health care.
- Encourage leadership by expanding the community of health care professionals prepared to improve quality, address disparities and achieve equity.
Our goal is to move beyond research and begin to take action—by developing and disseminating models for identifying and addressing racial and ethnic disparities in health care nationally, regionally, and locally. Through our work, we hope to move all healthcare stakeholders one step forward – and closer to eliminating racial/ethnic disparities in healthcare.
Composed of a multidisciplinary group of health policy experts, health services researchers and physicians, the DSC opened in July of 2005 with initial funding from Massachusetts General Hospital and Partners HealthCare System. It is housed within the MGH Institute for Health Policy and affiliated with MGH and Harvard Medical School’s Department of Medicine.
For more information on how the DSC is working to assure equitable, high quality health care for all, please browse through our website. Thank you.
- For a full project description, please click here.
- Download the slide deck and watch the presentation.
- Visit our webinar page to view any of our past webinars.
- Complete a brief survey and receive your unique password to download the course materials. This page is compatible with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers only (do not use Internet Explorer).
Save the Date!
The Healthcare Quality and Equity Action Forum
Seaport Boston Hotel, Boston, MA
June 19th and 20th, 2014
Save the date for the second annual Healthcare Quality and Equity Action Forum! The Forum serves as a dissemination and implementation conference developed and led by The Disparities Solutions Center (DSC) at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), as well as alumni from the Disparities Leadership Program. Forum faculty consist of experts in the field, as well as those with real-world experience implementing equity strategies and solutions. The Forum targets leaders that are active in health care delivery and focus on quality improvement (including those from health plans, hospitals, and health centers across the country). It provides participants with the tools and skills to identify and address racial and ethnic disparities in health care within their organizations, with the goal of empowering them to implement these strategies and transform their organizations to focus on quality and equity.
For more information, including a sample agenda and recorded session videos from our last Forum, go to our Forum webpage or sign up for our mailing list.