Consider resubmission support
Most grants do not get funded the first time around (recent statistics from the NIH show a success rate of 4.3% - 55.6% for their various centers/institutes). Thus, it important to consider resubmission from the beginning:
- Where are the problem areas that you could tweak if you needed to in your second round of applications?
- How much would you be willing to change the nature of your project if reviewers challenged your specific aims and study design?
- Are there other centers/institutes that might be a better fit for your projects?
- Who can support you in this process?
- The first people that you should consider for support are your mentors and collaborators.
▪ Conquering the K: Applying for an NIH Career Development Award