Quitting smoking is one of the best things that you can
do for your health and the health of your family.
You can quit smoking. CEASE and your child's doctor
Your child's doctor can help you by:
- prescribing or recommending medications
to help you quit
- referring you to national, state, or local services for quitting smoking
- helping you establish strict no-smoking rules for the home and car
- giving you and your family information on smoking, quitting, and services to help you quit
- Want to make your building smokefree? Do you or anyone in your family have a respiratory illness, ear infections, asthma, or cystic fibrosis? Bring one of these letters to your doctor to sign and give it to your landlord. The letters can be downloaded here (general letter, ear infection letter, asthma letter,
cystic fibrosis letter).
Last updated on August 4, 2011 by Bethany Hipple, MPH