Acute Pain and Regional Fellowship Application
The Acute Pain Management and Regional Anesthesia Fellowship follows all minimum selection criteria as delineated in the Institutional Policy on Selection. All applicants for a Fellowship must be (pending) graduates of:
- an LCME (Liaison Committee on Medical Education)-accredited medical school; or
- an AOA (American Osteopathic Association)-accredited medical school; or
- a medical school listed in the World Health Organization Directory of Medical Schools; or have
- completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school; and
- completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited anesthesiology residency, or its equivalent, is a prerequisite for entry into a subspecialty program of anesthesiology.
All application materials must be submitted to the Fellowship Director by a predetermined deadline.
All residents, clinical fellows, research fellows, and staff who are not US citizens and do not have a green card must have the appropriate visa in order to receive a Mass General appointment. The Registrar/Credentialing Unit manages J-1 visas for residents and clinical fellows. For questions, call 726-5316. All other types of visas are managed by the Partners International Office. For questions, call 617-726-9211.
Selection to the fellowship is highly competitive. Applications will be reviewed only after receipt of all required materials. The Fellowship Directors will evaluate and select the candidates they believe to be most qualified for the positions available within the training program. We interview selected candidates in August and September, with offers for fellowship positions made shortly thereafter. Successful applicants will begin their fellowship on July 1st.
Application deadline for AY2015-16: July 1, 2014.
Please submit the following:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae;
- A personal statement related to your interest in acute pain medicine;
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from your residency program director;
- Medical school transcript.
All documents, letters, and application need to be sent to the attention of:
Padma Gulur, MD and Lisa Warren, MD
Program Directors, Acute Pain Management and Regional Anesthesia Fellowship
Center for Pain Medicine
Massachusetts General Hospital
15 Parkman Street, WACC 330
Boston, MA 02114