Acute Pain and Regional Fellowship Application
Accepting applications for the 2015-2016 academic year.
The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine follows all minimum selection criteria as delineated in the Institutional Policy on Selection (PDF). As a prerequisite for entry, all applicants for the fellowship must be a graduate of one of the following:
Applicants must have also completed an anesthesia residency program accredited by one of the following:
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
All residents, clinical fellows, research fellows and staff who are not United States citizens and do not have a green card must have the appropriate visa in order to receive a Mass General appointment.
For questions regarding a J-1 visa, please call the Mass General Registrar/Credentialing Office at 617-726-5316. Questions on all other types of visas should be directed to the Partners International Office at 617-726-9211.
Selection to the fellowship is highly competitive. Applications will be reviewed only after receipt of all required materials. The Fellowship Directors will evaluate and select the candidates they believe to be most qualified for the positions available within the training program. We interview selected candidates in August and September, with offers for fellowship positions made shortly thereafter. Successful applicants will begin their fellowship on July 1st.
Selection to the fellowship is highly competitive. Only completed applications are reviewed.
Please submit the following documents electronically:
- Personal statement describing your interest in the Acute Pain and Regional Anesthesia Fellowship and your plans after completion of the fellowship
- Completed application
- A current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation: One letter must be from your residency program director or chief of service. Letters should be addressed to Drs. Padma Gulur and Lisa Warren and sent from the letter writer’s email or his/her assistant’s email
- A copy of your medical school transcript
- A copy of your USMLE transcript
All documents should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of:
Drs. Padma Gulur and Lisa Warren, Fellowship Directors
c/o Kristen O'Connor, Program Manager
Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
Massachusetts General Hospital
Applicants should use the following naming convention (first five letters of last name, first initial, document type):
The deadline for completed applications is June 1, 2014 for a start date of July 1, 2015. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Failure to provide all requested information will keep your application from being considered.