Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Fellowship Application
Accepting applications for the 2014-2015 Academic Year beginning on November 15, 2012
The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine follows all minimum selection criteria as delineated in the Institutional Policy on Selection. All applicants for a Fellowship must be (pending) graduates of:
- an LCME (Liaison Committee on Medical Education)-accredited medical school; or
- an AOA (American Osteopathic Association)-accredited medical school; or
- a medical school listed in the World Health Organization Directory of Medical Schools; or have
- completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school; and
- completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited anesthesiology residency, or its equivalent, is a prerequisite for entry into a subspecialty program of anesthesiology.
Once all applications are received, we will conduct interviews. Interviews for the following academic year start in March.
Prior to our review of your application, we ask that you send the following documents to our office:
- Personal statement
- Describe your interest in the Cardiac Anesthesia Fellowship
- Describe plans after completion of the fellowship
- Completed application
- A current curriculum vitae or resume
- Three letters of recommendation. One letter must be from your residency program director.
- A copy of your medical school transcript
- Register for the SFMatch
The deadline for completed applications is May 1, 2013.
New this year: The MGH Adult Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Fellowship program will be participating in the SFMatch this year. The rank list deadline to register with the SFMatch is June 3, 2013 at sfmatch.org. Application materials should be sent directly to the program as follows:
Michael Andrawes, MD
Director, Cardiac Anesthesia Fellowship
c/o Tina Toland, MHA - Program Manager
Massachusetts General Hospital
Division of Cardiac Anesthesia
55 Fruit Street, White 437
Boston, MA 02114
Fax: (617) 724-6981